Performing Arts School
Education & Youth Programs
Saturday Theatre Classes
- Students must pre-register for classes.
- Payment deadline for the first term is October 7, 2022.
- Tuition must be paid in full before the start of the first class in order to participate.
- Class size is limited and classes are filled on a first come, first-served basis.
- MCT scholarship applications are available online or through the MCT office.
- Each class is important for all students, and missed classes cannot be made up.
- No financial credit will be given for missed classes.
- Visitors are not permitted in the classroom.
- Each term will conclude with an Observation Day for parents to sit in on their children’s classes.
- Students are not officially registered until payment has been processed by Muskegon Civic Theatre.
Fall Term: October 15 - November 19
Winter Term: January 7 - February 11
Spring Term: February 18 - March 25
Jump in to the magical world of theater! Novice Acting will focus on the very basics of theater through fun lessons, games, and activities. Curriculum is centered around helping students in Kindergarten and first grade find their voice and using it to tell a story.
Students in Second and Third grade will have the opportunity to build on their acting skills. Lessons and activities will focus on blocking, reading with feeling, and projection.
Fourth and Fifth grade students will work to master memorization skills, creating a character, and making stage appropriate choices.
Both beginner and returning students in sixth through eighth grade will discover exciting ways to bring characters to life! Students will be able to create characters, blocking, and scene choices with the supervision of the instructor.
Showstopping Elective Opportunities
Introduction To Musical Theatre
Dive in to the magical world of musical theatre in this new class! Students will add to their basic dance, acting, and vocal skills while exploring more advanced techniques.
Grades 4-8 10pm–11pm
Starlight dancers will explore different styles of Musical Theatre dance, including the portrayal of characters through movement and an introduction to improvisation dance. *Black jazz shoes are required for this class. This class will culminate with a performance
This is one of two performance based classes MCT offers. Throughout the semester students will prepare a play that is performed on the Beardsley Stage as a full production. There will be one play performed in the winter and one in the spring.
This spirited, fun course is designed for the actor or comedian who wants to learn the essentials of good scenic improvisation or anyone who wants to improve their teamwork or communication skills. The objectives of this course are to discover the fundamentals of improvisational comedy,
improve your storytelling skills, learn techniques to think quickly on your feet and to be more creative!
Performance Lab: Musical Theatre
Continue developing your performance skills in this performance based class! Build on what you know and take your talent to the next level! This class performs two muscials- one holiday musical in December and one in the spring.
Impossible Things Are Happening Every Day! Get Started By Downloading our Saturday Classes Brochure.
BUY SEASON TICKETS & FLEX PACKS
Buy your tickets online!